This blog has been around for 14 years! I don’t visit to leave anything readable very often but I thought I’d pay a visit to my personal journal library today. It’s good looking back on the writing from what seems like another lifetime ago.
What a person I was then. That person still remains in many ways and has grown in many other ways. Progress, they call it, I guess. Or maybe just transforming. Turning over new things while letting others go under, like a gardener turns his soil. Planting new on the top soil and turning under the dead, dry and decayed. All the lifeless bits, breaking down and nourishing the new life growing amongst it.
While I’d love if all that deadness and decay didn’t have to be, where would I be without it? The wisdom and reward of having grown through those seasons wouldn’t be here to nurture and nourish my soul today. This is the day the Lord has made, be glad and rejoice! I really try to live by that. Even when everything may seem utterly hopeless.
I know that there is hope to be had and grace abounds even when all seems lost. I have felt like I was dead in the grave a number of times since my last post and maybe I’ll start sharing the stories here. Maybe I’ll start fresh on a new blog. I guess I’ll have to think about that. Stay tuned. The vault of life since 2015 may be ready for a little fall purging. God love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment